Updates

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM
Hi there,

I am using the ExcelPackage code, but it has a few shortcomings as all of us know. Have you had time to have a look at some of the requests and bugs that was submitted on the ExcelPackage project page?

Do you have any sample on how this OOXML works in Excel? I would really have a look at this stuff and help develop on this project as there is a real need for this and I cannot always supply a template to give formatting to my documents! If I can format my document without making use of a template, then it would really help a lot!

If you can post some documentation linnks and stuff on the project home page or somehwere it would help!

Thanks,

Marais
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2008 at 5:30 PM
I have rolled some of the requests and bugs into the source control version that is under the "Source Code" tab in CodePlex. I need to do some more testing and then make an official release.  Here is a good online version of the ECMA spec for SpreadsheetML http://openiso.org/Ecma/376/Part4/3

Let me know what you are interested in working on.
Sep 17, 2009 at 3:38 PM

With the od versions of the code we have actually have it working for Excel 2007 Desktop. Has anyone successfully created a XLSX files that Excel Services will read? The XML file structure built from the ExcelPackage puts a [trash] folder in the structure and that seems to keep Excel Services on MOSS 2007 from liking the file. Are there any updates that handle this issue?

Thanks in advance!